Is Nettogaz GC1 toxic ?
NO, it is classified harmful Xn-R20 by inhalation (the lowest Xn Classification). For this reason we have provided you with modified user instructions.
Is Nettogaz GC1, environmentally friendly?
YES, Nettogaz GC1 has an ODP equal to 0.
Cleaning in a closed circuit with recovery of the used cleaning product and waste processing ensures an environmentally friendly process.
Can I clean the compressor with Nettogaz GC1 ?
NO, no solvent may be used to clean a compressor.
The compressor must be disconnected from the circuit in order to prevent a loss of oil which could result in damage to moving parts. The control and expansion valves as well as the filters/driers must also be disconnected or removed.
How much Nettogaz GC1 should I use?
In general, you can estimate the quantity of Nettogaz GC1 necessary as two or three times the amount in the refrigerant fluid (dependent on the structure of the circuit).
To evaluate the quantity of the product to be used, you can estimate the approximate quantity of GC1 contained in 1 linear metre
v ¼' : approx. 20 g
v 3/8' : approx. 60 g
v 1/2' : approx. 120 g
v 5/8 : approx. 200 g
v ¾' : approx. 300 g
v l7/8' : approx. 420 g
v 1"1/8 : approx. 710 g
v 1"3/8 : approx. 1070 g
Why is Nettogaz GC1 so efficient ?
Nettogaz GC1 has a very powerful solvent graded by the Kauri Butanol index as above 60.
Its boiling point of +20°C to +24°C makes it easily extractable. The possible remainders of Nettogaz GC1 are removed by flushing with anhydrous nitrogen.
How do you use Nettogaz GC1 ?
- Use Nettogaz GC1 under nitrogen pressure for equipment where the draft tube diameter is not higher than 5/8 of inch
- Nettogaz GC1 is used in the same way as R-11 and R-141b were previously (the detailed procedure is available from your agent)
- Connect the liquid outlet of the cylinder containing Nettogaz GC1 to the part of the circuit to be cleaned and connect the outlet of the part to be cleaned to the recovery drum. Swirl the product Nettogaz GC1 around the part to be cleaned until the liquid leaves the circuit translucent. Flush with anhydrous nitrogen without exceeding the 10 bars then evacuate. Remove the product to be recovered by our services.
When should you use Nettogaz GC1 ?
- Before putting new equipment into operation
- Before a retrofit, change of oil type
- Before re-using a part of a refrigerating circuit in another system
- Following a breakdown having involved the contamination of the circuit in equipment in use
What are the possible causes of a compressor breaking down ?
- the "burnout" of the engine in the accessible thermal or hermetic units
- the presence of water in the circuit
- deterioration of the lubricant
- formation of acids
- oxide formation on the weldings and brazings
Why clean with Nettogaz GC1 ?
To remove impurities from the circuit that could cause a breakdown or a malfunction of the system
Where can you use NETTOGAZ GC1 ?
For internal cleaning of refrigerating circuits, fixed and removable air conditioning systems. To replace the R-11 and R-141b cleaning products, that are currently prohibited.
Should you replace a hermetic compressor without cleaning the lines?
A compressor can fail for many reasons, such as the refrigerant molecule breaking down because the temperature at the end of compression is too high or because of humidity in the lines. Humidity causes hydrolysis and forms acid that causes oxidisation. This reduces mechanical free play and corrodes the lacquer (epoxy resins) in the electric motor. The windings then become exposed, which creates a short-circuit that causes the refrigerant molecules to break down, raising the acidity of the refrigerant line. Unless you clean the line, this acid remains in it and the new compressor will fail for the same reasons.
It is essential to clean the line with a solvent such as NETTOGAZ GC1 or FACILISOLV to remove the acids and carbonised particles created by the motor "fire" and ensure that your installation works properly.
If a compressor suffers a mechanical failure, the metal particles distributed through the line must be cleaned out in the same way.