• Applicable Community Rules:
The Use of Cooling Refrigerants is governed by:
• KYOTO Protocol (HFC)
- The European Regulation n°842/2006 regarding fluorinated greenhouse gas, "F-gas" Regulation.
- Regulation n°303/2008 and n°307/2008 for application of regulation n°842/2006.
• MONTREAL Protocol (CFC, HCFC...)
- Regulation n°1005/2009 regarding ozone-depleting substances.
• Directive for Waste
- Directive 2008/98 CE from 19th November 2008.
• Regulation for Labelling
- Regulation CLP n°1272 /2008/CE.
• European regulation used in the Environmental code and applicable for all services:
A few examples of articles of law taken from the French Environmental code and applicable to cooling refrigerants:
Meaning of "waste"
"A unique list of wastes has been established and can be found in annex II of article R541-8. All information regarding waste quoted in this list must be delivered using the codes indicated in this list."
Changed by decree n°2011-828 11th July 2011 - art. 8
"Dangerous waste: any waste presenting one or more dangerous properties listed in annex I of the present article. They are shown by an asterisk in the list of waste designation in Annex II of the present."
Meaning of "WTD"
"All those who produce dangerous or radioactive waste, all those who collect small quantities of this waste, ...
and deliver to a third party, must simultaneously deliver a waste transfer document..."
Meaning of "Forbidden emissions"
Some comments taken from the Environmental Code applicable to Heat transfer fluids & Process Water:
"Water is part of our nation's common heritage."
This principle written in the article L210-1 of the Environmental code marks the necessity of strong actions to protect the resource "Water".
The European Water Framework Directive (WFD) n°2000/60/EC of 23 October 2000 lays down an objective of good "ecological and chemical" water status before 2015.
When an industrial waste is not acceptable in collective networks, it can be treated (recycling or elimination) as waste in installations authorized to this effect. The owner will ensure proper traceability and in the case of a dangerous waste as described in the Environmental Code, article R541-8 annex II, the c
ompany must fill out the WTD and request a receipt from the company in charge of disposal.
• Mandatory maintenance of High Pressure Equipment